Free Speech · News · NZ Government support · NZ Jihadi · NZ Mosques

Police launch failed investigation into watch list leak after Christchurch shooting.

Are you on this list? Have you been contacted by media or police since the attack? How many Islamic police staff were involved in this disclosure?

mike

Haken Hopkins Police Commissioner Mike Bush has ordered an investigation into the ‘alleged unauthorised disclosure of information to a media outlet’.
Police have launched an investigation into how a police watch list was leaked to media.
On Sunday, Stuff reported that police are actively monitoring more than 100 people, including white supremacists, Muslim converts and people left disgruntled by the Christchurch terror attack.
Those on the list, who Stuff chose not to name or contact for security reasons, are understood to be “disaffected” people with firearm licences, and others with racist and radical views.
On Wednesday, police commissioner Mike Bush announced he had ordered an investigation “into the alleged unauthorised disclosure of information to a media outlet”

Bush said the information “alleged to have been released was not classified as top secret”.

“The disclosure of this information is of significant concern to police and we are taking this matter very seriously,” a police spokesperson said in a statement.

“The information related to ongoing investigative and prevention steps which are under way in Canterbury District”.

Stuff understood the list was part of the intelligence phase of Operation Whakahumanu, a nationwide operation coordinated through the Police National Headquarters in Wellington, launched after the Christchurch terror attacks which killed 50 people.

In response to questions about the watch list, police deputy commissioner Mike Clement told Stuff the operation was designed to reassure New Zealanders.

This includes raising awareness through increased visibility on the streets, and visits to thousands of schools, religious places, businesses and community centres.

Since March 15, New Zealanders had been asked to be “particularly vigilant” and report any concerns to police so a proper assessment could be made, Clement said.

“While the number of reports has increased since the Christchurch attack, fundamental to being safe and feeling safe is the willingness of people to report behaviours that concern them.

“As a result of the help of the community [we have] spoken with many individuals across New Zealand and in a few instances interventions including arrests have been undertaken.”

Police launch investigation into watch list leak after Christchurch terror attacks

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.